Park Name: Frontier Park
ADA Accessible: Paved path
What To See: woods, arboretum, tennis, soccer, cross country running, wildlife, amphitheater, stone bridges, Cascade Creek, Nature Center
Address: 1501 West 6th St.
Location: Located off the Bayfront Parkway between West 8th and West Sts. bordered by Seminole St. to the west in the Frontier neighborhood of the City of Erie.
What To Do: walking, sledding, cross country skiing, fishing, biking, dog walking, playing tennis, taking nature classes, identifying tree species, enjoying the playground.
Description of Terrain: paved, natural and gravel paths
- Maintained by the City of Erie.
- Paved Parking lot on West 6th St. and street parking on West 8th St.
- Several Paved walking paths and routes. Other trails with various surface including natural terrain, gravel and grass.
- Views of Cascade Creek with beautiful Stone and Iron Bridges
- Tennis Courts
- Soccer fields
- Cross country course
- Nature Building with educational programming
Frontier is home of LEAF (Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier Park) which helps to plan, implement and raise money for park improvements, hosts events including: summer programming for children, nature classes, Movies in the Park, seasonal festivals and many other activities.
Frontier is also home to the annual Erie Blues and Jazz Festival.
Number Of Trails: